Saturday 25 August 2012

First time at Fish & Co Brunei

Another first for us to go to this restaurant, and I guess not our last, although there are still some rooms for improvement.  Like they took our order wrongly.
 
Yup.. not major issue though, we still enjoyed the meals and they did make up for it.
 
The restaurant Fish & Co. was opened just recently.  I think it was in May and there were so much raves and reviews about it.  I knew they have a few branches in the nearby countries so it was such a fuss from every one about this restaurant.
 
And I love seafood!  So its a good time to give them a visit, where the fuss hopefully die down a bit and it wont be too busy with patrons trying the menu.  So we went last night with open expectation so to speak.  I knew theirs are quite pricey (from reviews of people of course) but the portions are humongous.  Thats what I heard, so far so good.
 
We arrived around 7.30pm and we were greeted with a few waiters and waitresses.  They really did make people feel welcomed :).  Good turnout of people and the place is almost full.  The menu was quite extensive and we were spoilt with choices.  But it didnt take us long to do our choices and when the food arrived, we did have some complaints :)
 
The meals consisted of the main course, like choices of fishes, mussles, prawns, chickens, beef, etc.  Then they have side orders which consisted of sauteed vegetables, rice, mash potatoes, chips or coleslaw.  We can choose up to 2 side dishes to accompany our main dish.  But when my order came, they got it wrong!  I asked for sauteed vegetables and mash potatoes but they gave me chips and mash potatoes.  I was like what???  They didnt even get that right.  I informed the waiter, which was a different person, not the one who took our order (maybe too many of them around??) and told him I didnt ask for chips but sauteed vegetables.  He apologised and offered to give me the sauteed vegetables for free.  Wow... thats a good deal and I was impressed that they would do that.  I  expected an array of vegetables but when it came, there was only carrots! Hahaha.. they should have told us its sauteed carrots, not sauteed vegetables.  Because people would expect it would be a few different kind of vegetables, like what they have at Charcoal and Grills at Batu Satu, yumm..
 
Alright, never mind, we let that go as we were not here to make a fuss but to enjoy the food, which was really great.  They also ALMOST got hubby's order wrong, barely.  Almost huhu.
 
But I must say, my meal was fantastic.  I enjoyed the food.  Its true that the portions were big.  Our daughter's fish and chips were huge.  Hubby was satisfied with his meals too.  And its true also the food were a bit pricey.  But we did enjoy ourselves last night.  We might be back :)
 
We spent a total of B$69.75 for the meals last night.


While contemplating on what to order

Hubby while waiting for his order

My soup - This is soup of the day - Fish Chowder

Hubby Mushroom Salad - B$8.95

Our daugther New York Fish & Chips - B$12.95

Hubby's choice of Stringray Black Pepper - B$15.95

My dinner, Tiger Prawn & Cod - B$16.95

Close up of my dinner because I like this meal so much hehehe

The free sauteed vegetable, which infact is just carrots!

My delicious Coffee Mystery - B$6.95
The bill
 

No comments: