Wednesday 22 June 2011

Old Photo

There are times when I reminisce about older times, when I was a kid and living with my parents. It was a fun time where life was more free. It was much family oriented kind of living, that old days. We were so close with our siblings, aunties, uncles and cousins. We visited each other most of the time. Not like today, were were more isolated and not keeping in touch as often, cant be blamed though, everyone is busy these days with their own life.

When I went to my parent’s house the other day, I came across this old picture. Picture of our relatives who were living in Sandakan at that time. I stumbled upon it by accident when I was looking for something, and I was really taken back on how much I forgot about these people. They were relatives although I do not know how we are related! (Note to self – must ask my mom later how we were related and how they ended up in Sandakan Sabah).

I haven’t seen them for maybe 30 years? I remember it was in the late 70’s or early 80’s when they came to Brunei looking for us. They found us and other relatives and we started visiting each other. I also remember we went to Sandakan to pay them a visit twice. We were really close by then. It was the good old days. Then somehow we lost contact until today. I remembered my dad told us, the uncle died, and from then on we didn’t keep in touch again. How sad. I don’t know what happened to all of them, but I am sure all were married, and living their own lives although they would be much much older than this picture.

I don’t mind seeing them again. Afterall they are still family.



No comments: