Thursday 9 June 2011

Good effort



I received this letter in the mail today.  I must praise the Brunei government for making this effort and sending this letter and brochures to all the women in Brunei, urging us to go for Pap Smear to avoid and detect cervical cancer. Wow.. how many women are there in Brunei  with a population of maybe 400k?  I know in Brunei  the cervical cancer is on the rise.  And only 30% of Brunei female undergo the pap smear.  Its really scary when we think about it. 
I feel so lucky to be a Bruneian.  The government has been helping us alot.  This urge to go for pap smear is at the government hospitals is all for free so why dont we all make full use of this facility.  Afterall its so very important to go.  Never mind it hurts a bit and uncomfortable for a while but I know its all worth it.  I never miss doing this every few years so I hope I am on the right track.

No comments: