Monday 6 June 2011

How can I forget?

We were supposed to attend a cousin’s thanksgiving ceremony and how on earth it happened that I forgot all about it? We went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and had dinner outside instead!

Well my daughter wanted to see it, she has been urging me to go since last week but as usual, being an old mom like me, I was not so sure. Afterall its a cartoon and I usually spend some time thinking about whether to go or not. Not a big fan for cartoon I must say but I’ve been watching quite a few cartoon movies and so far none disappointed me. So then I went with my daughter for our girly night for the umpth time!

It was so so. Didnt quite enjoy it, maybe because too many martial arts? Not really suitable for an old folk like me? And its not 3D. We watched it at the Empire Cinema so that may contributed a bit. But I did find some of the dialogue hilarious though. My daughter laughed a lot and the rest of the audience too. But I was not that entertained. Anyway, as long as my daughter had fun and enjoyed the movie, its all that mattered. I guess the movies did capture younger audience. I was not alone being bored, one of the fathers accompanied their children played on his Iphone for the whole duration of the movie, imagine that? Hehehe.



Then off we went to have dinner.  We didnt know where to go at first, and we were a bit lost since we've been to many eataries already.  In the end, we tried a newly opened restaurant along Jalan Jerudong called Kaka Restaurant.  I've heard about this establishment before but we never been there.  They have another branch at Kg Rimba I think.  I heard their Nasi Katok was really good but we didnt end up trying that.  The food was ok, and the service was ok too.  The ambience was relaxed and I could see many patrons too, although when we first arrived, there were not that many people.





No comments: