Monday 27 June 2011

Family time

We had a full sunday.  We had buffet lunch at Aneka Rasa to celebrate our mom's birthday (I will feature that in another post).  Then in the late afternoon, the whole family went to visit our aunt who is admitted at Gleneagles JPMC due to heart problem.  She would be having a surgery to open up a blocked artery today (monday) so we went to wish her all the best and pray for her fast recovery.  After the visit, we all went to have an early dinner (without my parents) since they had to rush for another function, a sembahyang berjemaah also to ask blessings and well-being for our aunt organised by her children.

I never been to the Gleneagles part of JPMC, so thats my first time there, although I didnt see much since we didnt go to the ward itself.  It was rather a long walk from where we parked our cars, nothing to see except long coridor since we went through the back, although we could see the beach.  Then we came to the general ward where we were only allowed to sit at the foyer and only two people to visit at one time.  My mom went in first, since there was already someone inside so only one was allowed in.  There are 10 of us (minus the kids) so imagine how long it would take if only two were admitted at one time?  We asked the reception, what if that visitors took an hour to visit?  How long it would take us to wait?  Not realistic at all.  So in the end, my aunt was allowed to go out and greet us in her wheelchair.  A good idea rather than every two of us in rotation, two at a time, hehe.

So at least all of us got to meet her and wish her well.  She looked ok though so I am hoping she will be ok during the surgery too. 

Then after the visit, we all went to a newly opened restaurant in Jalan Jerudong.  My brothers told me, this restaurant is not new, they already have a branch somewhere in Jalan Muara, and they are famous for their "Kolo Mee".  I saw some advert also where they had this kolo mee urat which is really yummy.  But when we arrived and ordered that, they didnt have that in the menu for that day.  What a pity.  So we just had other Kolo mee to order.  And as usual I opted for my favourite Kueh Teaw goreng, yumm.  So dinner was sorted for the day ;)

Now onto some pictures.


At the Gleneagles JPMC back entrance

Our entourage

We went through the corridor, nothing to see around here actually.

At the waiting area, we couldnt go in at once.


Me with my parents

My auntie - wishing you a fast recovery


We arrived at Happy Dean restaurant in Jalan Jerudong.

Ready to order?

We occupied a few tables

Eating time


My dinner, rather oily but yummy.  Couldnt eat this as often, I may end up like my aunt!

The chicken rice was not bad too.

Most of ordered this Kolo Mee

No comments: