Sunday 21 February 2010

Rush

Gotta do some packing for our little vacation in 2 days time. I usually do that ahead of time, never on the last minute, My rationale : you tend to forget something when you pack at the last minute. It happens all the time. I know it. Sometimes we still forget something even when we packed days earlier. So hubby always write things down. Just in case. Which is good of course.

The basic necessity is always there. We dont usually forget that but there are little things that we need on holiday that we tend to leave behind and thats the problem.

I love holidays but I dont like living from a suitcase. And I always miss our cozy bed and our bedroom. Nothing like a home sweet home.
So next : urge my daughter to pack her things. She is so unlike me. She never bothers to pack earlier. She is simply the opposite. Last minute kind of girl. Thats what she is! And at the end I need to supervise her to make sure she doesnt leave anything important or useful behind. Sigh.. I guess thats what we have to face living with a teenager. But she is a good teenager and she has done her part, so I am not complaining :-)

Oh I finished the Shopaholic & Sister book. As I said, its brilliant. Becky and Jess ended up being sisters again after that humagious fight. Very witty. But as usual its has an happy ending. Becky even made up with her husband but not after a dramatic event, her being the leader of as a protestor group. I totally enjoyed the book. Wonder where I could find other books by Sophie Kensella. Guess I need to look in Amazon.com and order some.

Anyway, I miss hubby. He is away at the moment and it seems that he is away alot this past few weeks. I never thought I said that, I mean after being married and known someone for more than 10 years, I still long for him. Strange feeling but he is really part and parcel of my life, my better half so if he is not around, my life tends to miss something. But he will be back soon. So I am going to wait patiently for him to come back and enjoy our time away together.

No comments: