Tuesday 2 February 2010

Chit Chat

Wow.. its February already. Whats happening in Feb? Lots, I must say. For one, its my birth day. Will be in 2 days time. Do I look forward to it? Nah… not really. Which makes me think, when we are smaller/younger, we tend to look forward to our birthdays. We even count the days until THE day comes. How we wish to announce to the world that we are now a year older and hopefully wiser. We are excited to receive greetings from family and friends. And upset when no body remembers. But not anymore when you reach certain age. Those days were gone. Long gone. For me anyway. For now, I wish birthdays dont need to come hehehe. Or if they do, be it in the most quiet way possible. Funny eh. I just want to treat it like any other day. No fuss and no hush. Lets keep it that way, will ya!

Been busy at work yesterday. I had to do presentation for the contractors about the delay in their payment and how we think we should solve it. My slides were well received although there were some burning questions from them, which infact were true and I couldn’t agreed more. Sometimes I pitied the contractors, they were doing what they were supposed to do, followed the guidelines but at the end of the day, it was them got all the blame whilst in actual fact, its our internal people were the culprit. There, I said it, very vaguely coz I don’t want to create any frictions from this blog. Sensitive stuff.

But the presentation went well, that’s all that matters. I practiced what I should be saying and produced the presentation slides. All these, while we were in the midst of office move! Very hectic. I had to wait up until my pc was back on before running through the slides again. It was off since Friday so I was hoping it was up and running just in time for my presentation. And it did and I was glad. Phew.

My girl started her tuition tonight at R&R Tuition school. Its kind of hectic for her too. She finished school at around 4pm today so I advised her to take a nap and rest before tonight’s tuition. I didn’t want her to feel tired and fatigued with all that’s been going on. I wanted her to have a rest between studying since I know nothing will go in if your brain is tired. So she did and had a nap for 2 hrs, lol. Good for her.

Tonight’s tuition started at around 7.30pm. Its her first lesson and there was another girl with her. Not too many students yet since its still February but I am sure it will get crowded as the months pass by. So its all good for now.

This is what I’ve arranged with Mrs R, the tuition principal/owner.

Monday 7.30pm – 9.30pm – Maths
Sunday 10.30am – 12.30am – Chemistry
Sunday 12.30am – 2.30pm – POA

We were still negotiating her time for Physic. There was a class on Friday but Friday is a no no since we are both working. So Mrs R will try to find an evening slot so my girl could attend. She is having a hard time you know, the cater for every needs, lol. Different student has different preferences so its not easy. I never want to open Tuition class, I don’t think its that profitable and you need to look for good teachers since parents are depending on you. I might be interested to open up a nusery school though. Well, that’s just a thought.

No comments: