Saturday 16 January 2010

Quiet weekend

This wet weather reminds me vividly on what happened exactly a year ago. At exactly the same time in 2009 we really was befallened by a undisputed flooding conditions, all over Brunei. Heavy rain every day which lasted sometimes for 4 hrs non-stop. The drainage were in bad shape and in the end we suffered very serious flooding at our housing area. Not only here but for the rest of Brunei too. It was really terrible, we were worried every time it rained and the water started to rise. There is no words to describe the feeling. Its horrendous.

But this year the drainage has been greatly improved. We just had rain for 3 days straight. Non-stop day in and day out, although not as heavy but the rain didnt seem to bulge. Fortunately the govt has taken drastic (and quick) action by constructing the new and big drains. So far the drains has done a great job. No more flood and its great. Hope we will be spared this year.

I have a quiet weekend. My daughter was at school until 3pm today. She has to be in school until late these days since she has to attend extra classes for her O level exam. Its really an unwinding time for me to stay at home, relax and watch the telly. Oh.. I watched a good movie today called The Changeling in HBO. Its about this lady who lost her son, when she left him to fend for himself at home while she went to work. He was no longer there when she returned. She frantically looked for him to no avail and reported her son missing to the police. After a few weeks the police told her they found him but when she came to pick him up, that boy was not actually her son. This was where the story began. The police made the mistake but they didnt admit it, she fought to ask them to carry on looking for her son but the police was adamant that they got the right boy. Imagine the frustration! The story was really amazing, very heart touching since it depict a mother's love for her kid. Strong character by Angelina Jolie. My heart was touched by it since I know no mother could bear to lose a child and didnt even know what happened to him. Its based on a true story which made it more dramatic. And she never found him again which made the film really sad.

Made me think of my own role as a mother. I would do anything to protect my child and I would never rest until I know the truth, if anything happened. I couldnt imagine if I ever lost a child, It must be the most horrible experience and I never want to experience it.

No comments: