Monday 18 January 2010

Anticipations

I anticipate this is going to be a long and busy 2010. On Sunday my girl and I were busy sorting out her tuition class which will start in February. This is all for the preparation for her taking her big exam in October. We both want her to be prepared. There are a lot to revise and in addition to that, new things to learn for the course of this year. She needs a helping hands with the revision since I know its not easy to study and revise 2 years of school work.

We chose to go R&R Tuition School again. She used to go to this tuition class when she was in Primary 6 way back in 2005. The school has given her a fairly good result for her PSR so we decided to give it a try again. I trusted this school, the owner is a very nice English lady who became a Muslim when she married a local prominent Bruneian man. She is quiet friendly, very accommodating and very kind. I remember when my daughter went to her school, there were times when my daughter couldn’t come on her scheduled classes due to my work commitments that she was willing to cut down the tuition fee. That’s very considerate of her. A good reason for me consider her again.

I am hoping the school will be a great help for my daughter and she will get all the help she needed so she can learn systematically and smartly. I don’t really care how much it will cost me although at the moment I am a bit worried about finances (a lot is going on at the moments on that deparment so it does worry me a bit). But my girl is my first priority and it is imperative that I take care of her, make things easier for her as much as possible. That’s my duty as her mother.

I know she is struggling and overwhelmed with the whole exam thing. There are so much to do. On top of everything else, she has extra classes and homework every day. Very stressful and she is only a child. She looks distracted and confused sometimes. And when she looks worry, I will worry too. So I try my best to tone down her worry, soothe her with a lot of encouragements. Tell her all her effort will pay off in the end. Try my best to make her feel better every time she feels down or upset.

So its going to be so much stuff. Its time to get serious this year. My daughter with her study and me for keeping an eye on her and makes her life more bearable. Will also try my best not to distract her attention from books and revisions, meaning no talk of holidays from February onwards, yikess!!!! Thats not exactly the preference but we will try to stick by it. But not after a short holiday with her grandparents in February that is. And that would be it, I hope.

No comments: