Friday 4 December 2009

My Rant

Here is the thing. I insisted and persuaded hubby on having a new registration number for our new car and get the process started. We did this before with our BMW but it’s a long time ago so I couldn’t remember the hassle. I think my brother helped us too to sort it out so it was really not that bad. At least I don’t have a bad memory of it.

So the process started off about a month ago. Its not straight forward I tell you, there are so many procedures to go through.

Firstly, we went every week to JPD to see if the new wanted number was already on tender until the day came,when it did we just went for it. We spent B$125 for us to get it, B$100 for the tender and B$25 for the registration. Happy that was out of the way. Next we waited a few days to get that sorted, once that’s done, next step, wait for a letter from JPD to say they have no problem of us changing to the new number. This took 2 weeks. Just to get that letter. I am still being patient, and I am not so surprise with things takes so long to get done here.

Got the letter last Saturday. We were asked to bring the letter to the Financing Bank where the Hire Purchase Agreement is. The Bank will then produce another letter to say they have no problem for us to have the new number. The letter was done in about 5 minutes and it costed us B$100!!! WTF?? I was almost slipped off my seat. How could that be so expensive? B$100 for one piece of paper which was processed within 5 minutes? I asked the lady why it was so expensive. She just shrugged her shoulder and said its for their processing fee. What processing fee? To print one lousy standard letter from their printer and got it signed by whoever is their boss in 5 minutes??

Tell me what you guys think? Afterall, this is a local Bank and should support the local people, at least lessen the burden. But hey.. I don’t know whats the agenda here but it was really ridiculous to be charged B$100 for that letter. I was really pissed beyond words. I don’t know how much other banks charge for this though. Pls enlighten me, people!

But there was no turning back, I have to part with my hard earned cash, with a broken and heavy heart. My God. I was still determined and off I went back to JPD and they charged me another B$65 for the change of number, again. So it really was beyond any sane comprehension to pay all these money for such a simple matter.

Well.. this is not over yet. We haven’t got our number on the car yet. So there sure it more to come. Next week. We will bring the car to JPD with the new number get it inspected, (for what??? Its a brand new one month old car for God’s sake) and then its done. And I am bracing myself for more payment next week.

So here is what I spent to get this new number. And its is just a common number nobody wants. I wonder how much would I have to spend it its a nicer number, like 5555 or 8888. It will be double ridiculous.

Tender & Registration : B$125
Letter from Finance Bank : B$100
Register new number : B$65
So for now we have spent : B$290, minus next week.

So that’s it people. Can someone from Baiduri answer this for me please?

No comments: