Thursday 20 August 2009

Ramadhan is almost here!

Alhamdulilah... the time is almost here again for us to embrace the blessful and special month of Ramadhan. Another year so full of hurdles and tribulations as any normal human being should encounter. Life is full of that, I know and I am not the only person who has been challenged with what life has thrown at me.


But the time has come again for us to increase our amalan and make full use of this holy month. This is the month of all forgiveness, Allah opens the gate of all blessfulness, closes the gate of hells and imprison all devils and satans. I should make full use of this month, Insya Allah.


Of late I have been looking at life in a totally different angle. I always been so critical of life, sometimes l feel life has not been treating me well. I always feel I miss so much in life and feel that others are more fortunate than I am. Now I know I am so disrespectful. And I am so ashamed of myself. These days I come to realise how fortunate my life is. Although there are things that I regret, there are others "things" I havent got. But looking at other aspects of my life, I should feel fortunate to be granted with so many blessings and good fortune. This is all coming from a few blogs that I read continuously for the past couple of months. One blog in particular is about this lady from Malaysia who suffers from cancer. She had breast cancer and had mastectomy a few years back. After a few years, there is a reccurance. She was diagnosed recently that her cancer came back and attacked her liver. The doctor predicted she only has 8 to 18 months to live. I feel sorry for her. She is so upset and sad but that doesnt mean she gives up on life. She is still fighting and continues her chemotherapy. She is a strong woman who stands out and fights until the end of her breath. Thats what she said. From her blog I came to know her and feel like I was her friend. She still here, fighting for her life although at the same time she suffers the unthinkable. Life is so hard on her. From her blog I learned the suffering of cancer sufferers. How painful the surgery is, how debilitating the chemo is until she loses her hair, feel weak and nauseous. How hard life is overall, and to think of her family, husband and children. And here I am whining and complaining of minor ailments and misfortune.


I even told hubby about her. I feel for her. And I promised hubby that I am not going to complain again. My suffering is nothing compares to what she has to go through and others that I may not know about, Inna Lillah... I should embrace life to the fullest.


In a way, this coming Ramadhan for me is a time of reflection. And time for me to ask for forgiveness for my hubby, family, friends and fellow human. And most important, ask forgiveness from the All Mighty, for all my sins and my ignorance. I feel so small in your world, Masha Allah.


I am looking forward to fasting. And I am glad to know my girl feels the same. She is excited and cant wait to start. Alhamdulilah.. May Allah bless us all with His Hidayah, Rahmah and Barkah, Amin.......

No comments: