Saturday 22 August 2009

Livingroom Decoration Ideas

We are thinking of painting our living room. At the moment its pink and I feel that its so out of date. And its about time now we change the colour and get a new fresh air into our home. We have been through and forth with a few colours and in the end we both agreed with one colour. Well, hubby really has not choice, its all up to me so I hope my choice of colour will look good and will blend with the rest of the furniture. I chose a colour which I think its not very common. He called its a "lady colour". That sounds nice and I hope its the right choice. I dont see this colour used in many homes in Brunei. I dont know why, maybe it doesnt look good or people are not adventerous enough to try this colour out. I dont know. I know its so bold and this is kind of like a gamble for me. If we have chosen it and the contractor has applied it onto our wall, there is really no turning back, is there?

Just feel like I want to be adventerous. Dangerously adventerous. Even the contractor told us the room will look dark. But I love the colour so we determined to go ahead.

I am excited and dreading it at the same time. Excited about the new paint of our living room. We've been here for the past 10 years already so its really about time. And I dread it when I think of all the mess we gonna have to bear. I need to pack and put away all the crystals and other ornaments from our glass cabinets. Put away the picture frames, my flower vases, the carpets and so on. The contractor will help to remove or rearrange the furniture for them to do the painting. So its going to be busy for a few days.


The inspiration came from nowhere but today I googled some home design websites and found the same colour scheme that I have in mind. And It doesnt look too bad. Its unique, refreshed, modern and chic. And the concept of English country style is so appealling to me.



No comments: