Friday 3 April 2009

Busy Life

Its been a month since our Amah has gone. And so far we are doing ok, I think. Things have gone to a routine which is nice. The one thing I love most about being without Amah is the privacy of it all. We have no stranger in the house. I can go around in my underwear if I want to but of course not ;-) My girl is getting more independent, she stays home on her own while we are at work. Weekends she cooks her own breakfast, week days she heats food I cooked for her lunch. Do her homework and put away clothes from the hanger outside and fold them neatly and nicely. She looks after Robbie too and wash all the dishes.

But still I have to rush to do everything when I get home from work. Reached home usually around 6pm or later if we have to do some grocery shopping, look for things to cook for dinner, that sort of things. I try to be systematic when doing the housework since I don’t have lots of time in the evening and because I am so dead tired already but have to do it. The first thing I do when I reach home is go right to the kitchen, take out food for dinner and cook the rice. Put all the dishes, plates, cookery and all the glasses back to their places from last night. Then I go and take a shower and do my magrib prayer. Then I rest for about 5 minutes depends on the situation. Off to the kitchen, do all the cooking including all the preparations, cut the chicken or fish, vege and fruits, the onion, chillies and everything else. At the same time I also take the whole basket of laundry and wash the clothes. Very happy that we have washing machine which can do everything on its own and in one go, all I need to do is to dump the dirty clothes in the machine and I am back to the kitchen. I don’t even have to be there to do anything else, so glad that we bought that machine.

Around 8pm have dinner with my hubby and Ayang. Wish we could have dinner earlier but its just not enough time in the world! After dinner, Ayang or hubby help me with the dishes while I boil the water for our drinks, tidy up a bit and prepare vege dinner for Robbie. And make tea put it in a thermos for tomorrow breakfast before work. By this time the laundry is ready to be put outside so I do that at around 9pm. Once thats done, its time for me to iron the clothes. Try to do as much as I can, need to sort out my girl school uniform for the next day and hubby and my clothes too. My last task for the day is to take out the gabbage outside. All done by 10pm and its time for me to hit the bed and drift off. Of course has to wake up again at 4.45am the next morning for work.

No comments: