Friday 28 June 2013

Taman Peranginan Tasik Lama


I should go out and enjoy the scenery in Brunei more.  There are so many nice places here.  But we dont usually go and explore them.  Well.. maybe we do, but not as often as I would like.  Time is always the issue, or laziness??? haha..

Last weekend, the office organised HLP (thats Healthy Lifestyle Programme) for the employees where everyone could go out of the office for an hour any time of day to do a simple exercise and destress. 

This programme has been going on for a long time and I used to be so active in the past when I worked in Seria.  Havent been involved in any HLP for a long time. 

This activity is encouraged in BSP so our small department decided to join along because its part of the corporate initiatives.  And its for a good cause as well.  So a few of us discussed on it and decided to go to Taman Peranginan Tasik Lama for our first department HLP.  And I like it, its a nice place.  Its a jungle in the middle of the city.  We could still find monkeys, squirrels and other insects and small animals in the vacinity.  There are still pretty flora and faunas around. 

Beside the location (+/- 10 minutes from our office), we knew its a popular places for the locals to go for recreations, exercises such as jogging, hiking or strolling along the beautiful pathways with the rest of the families.  Even the royal families always present and do their daily exercise routines.  Even HM The Sultan brings his entourage or royal visitors for a stroll or brisk walk.

I've been here when I was younger but havent seen all the facelift and all.  I knew the place is beautifully decorated and renovated now and I felt such a relief to see them still look so presentable and lovely :)


The site map

The directory on where to find what

The ever so famous waterfall

Monkey!

2 comments:

shiQin Az said...

oh my god.. this blog is LOVE.. I adore u so much la aunty :D
Anyhoo, cant find that follow button on ur blog meh..

Mommy_Dearest said...

Thank you so much my dear, thats a very nice thing to say. I love writing thats the reason why this blog is born :)

Love you to come back and read my ramble hehe.