Tuesday 25 June 2013

Fried Ice Cream (Ais Krim Goreng)

Have you heard of this??

Maybe yes ? No??

Me too.  Not until recently.  Well... maybe I did hear about it but I didnt have any recollections on what its like and how to make it.

I came across the recipe by accident too.  While I hunt the pavlova recipe then I saw it.  I was surprise on how easy it is to make them.  And the ingredients were even simpler, crazy simple lol...

My verdict??

Not sure.  Well.. its ok, the outside was crispy and hot but when we bit into it, our mouth was greeted with the coldness of the ice cream..  Kind of a unique taste.

But one word of caution.  Not to fry them too long otherwise the bread soaked most the oil and becomes too oily.  Thats what happen to a few of my fried ice cream.  Very oily although still crispy.

Give it a try and judge it yourself!

The recipe is just  these:

Bread
Ice cream
Oil to fry

And thats it!!


The ingredients


The ice cream on top of the bread

Get another bread and put on top

Use a plastic glass to cut the bread into round shape

This is how it looks like before frying

Freeze the bread and ice cream inside the freezer for a few hours.  I put each bread into separate small plastic bags to avoid them from sticking to each other

Then fried and this is the end product!


No comments: