Monday 3 September 2012

Teh C Special

I dont usually blog about drinks but today I feel I wanted to mention about this favourite drink of mine.  Its just a simple drink and could be found in small and kampong style restaurants, cafes or stalls.

Its called Teh C Special.  I like this drink so much and I dont mind taking them as often as I can when we dine in any restaurant.  It made up of normal and ordinary tea with evaporated milk, ice cubes and palm sugar.  Yummy...

Usually after each drink, I always wonder how to make this drink.  The ingredients are easy enough but when I think about the palm sugar. or Gulanau in our native language, I wonder how they dilute it since the sugar is usually in a hard form. 

Until I found about this syrup!  My cousin introduced it to me when we went to visit her few weeks ago and she gave a bottle of this syrup.

Wow... so grateful that now I can make this drink at home. I dont need to wait to go to restaurant to drink it, I can make it any time I want huhu. 

The only thing is that, she bought it in Limbang and not in Brunei.  And I havent seen it in any shops or supermarkets here so I wonder if they are sold here.  Anyone know which shop?  I dont want to be run out of this syrup hehehe.

Another thing I just found out is that palm sugar is slightly better to drink then normal sugar (cane sugar). Thus, if a person consumes a tablespoon of palm sugar and a tablespoon of white cane sugar, the cane sugar will raise the person's blood glucose levels more, whereas the palm sugar will raise the glucose levels to only about 37 per cent of the cane sugar level.

So... its good eh!!


The palm sugar syrup


Yumm.. my home made Teh C special

The instruction on how to make the Teh C Special


No comments: