Thursday 8 December 2011

Kimchi!

Lately we have been trying a lot of firsts in the food department.  And last night another first, hubby took us to eat Korean food at one of the Korean Restaurant in Bandar, called Kimchi Restaurant.  I had no idea what Kimchi is.  Never tried it before but hubby went there the other day with his colleagues and wanted me to give it a go and see how I feel.  He assured me I wont be dissapointed so off we go then.

I was impressed with the restaurant, really posh and the minute we entered, the waitresses greeted us and asked whether we would go for Ala Cart or BBQ.  I had no idea what to choose so hubby said BBQ then we were ushered to the 1st floor.  I guess the ground floor was for the normal ala Cart menu and the 1st floor was for BBQ menu.  Once we were seated, my guess was right.  Every table on the 1st floor was equipped with a bbq stove powered by electricity.

Once seated, we were given the menu and I let hubby to choose since I was not very familiar with the whole thing.  We didnt choose alot since this was our first time and we were not really a big eater, you know, although we tend to eat outside alot hehe. 

My verdict?  Not too bad.  I like it although in terms of prices, its on the high side.  Kimchi is really good and I wont hesitate to try it again in the future.

Kimchi Restaurant in Kiulap

The sign outside the restaurant.

Nice cultery, I like the metal chopsticks

Hubby studying the menu

Us waiting for the bbq stove to heat up.  The Korean dish usually comes with side dish, and in Kimchi there were 8 side dishes.

The stove at close range.

We requested the waitress to do the bbqing for us.

Chadol Baegi cost B$16.95

Chicken Teriyaki (my favourite) cost B$13.95

Bibimbap B$8.95

Sugogi Udon B$5.45

This is how to eat the Kimchi, hubby wrapped it around the salad leave.
 
Kimchi - its quite nice.

Before wrapping the Kimchi.

Yummy...



I am enjoying it hahaha..

No comments: