Thursday 27 October 2011

Horrible jam this morning - Burst pipe in Jangsak

I was so late to work today.   I heard about the burst pipe yesterday on the radio and then on FB last night but I didnt know the magnitude of it.  I didnt realise it was very bad when I read the news this morning.  I was caught in a horrible traffic jam for almost one hour sending my daughter to school.  There was already a long queue at Jalan Sengkurong heading to the traffic light.  And it took 15 minutes to enter the junction to Jangsak.  And people just cut the queue as if they were the only one in a hurry, very typical Bruneian behaviour!


Jangsak road now became three lanes instead of two, the cars drove by the shoulders of the roads, how irresponsible are thee drivers? Thats what Brunei drivers are.

The road was diverted to the other side of the lanes since there was a big gapping hole in the middle of the road.

Workers working hard to rectify the situation.  See that big gapping hole.  I wonder how long it will take to repair the pipe and the road.

No comments: