Tuesday 24 May 2011

Hospital Visit

We were really worried about my daughter when I realised that her feet was swollen. Hubby suggested we should take her to the doctor and get her foot checked out. Just to be on the safe side and to rule out any other complications such as fracture or whatnot. I was contemplating whether we should take her to the government hospital or private clinic. I was thinking, government hospital – it gonna take ages, long waiting time but the facilities were more comprehensive, and its free, except for B$1.00 registration fee (Are'nt we lucky to be Bruneian?). Private clinic – much shorter waiting time but no facilities like x-rays and have to pay. So we decided to take her to the government hospital (the nearest to our house in less than 5 minutes – Sengkurong Medical Centre. So off we went. I haven’t been there for a while and I was impressed with the new face of the clinic! It was renovated and painted new. And looked real awesome so bravo!

Anyway, the waiting wasn’t too bad, maybe because I had my galaxy tab with me lol. Or maybe we were early, before the clinic opened after lunch we were already there waiting by the closed door. And we were the 2nd patient called in. The doctor really looked at my daughter’s foot and sent her for x-ray. I was glad there was no fractures just sore muscle and sprain. Then we went on to get some medicine for her and she was given a few days sick leave. Which means only one thing. She gonna miss lots of lessons, which is not favourable for both her and me.  It bothered her alot I can tell.

Sigh.. didnt expect the field trip turned out like this.  Her left foot was fractured once before (in 2006) and she had to be in cast for a few months.  And now this.  She will be back at school tomorrow and I bet her foot will still be painful so it will be inconvenient for her to go to school and climb the stairs.  I just hope her foot will get better drastically so she can walk comfortably.




My daughter with her friend during the trip that turned out nasty.

Her foot in bandages at home

No comments: