Wednesday 1 September 2010

Sad news

So sad to hear these 2 news.

My aunt’s house was burnt down yesterday. We didn’t know about it, until my dad informed us when he came for a visit yesterday. We were shocked, and felt sorry for them. I know they have been living in the house for a long time, I think more than 40 years. The house was old and run down but still, its a house and a home for my aunt and uncle.

I am not quiet sure what happened that lead to the fire, but according to the news, the fire broke out at around 10 in the morning but as far as I know, my aunt and uncle were not at home at the time but the grand child and an amah were. Alhamdulilah, nobody was hurt.

My dad told us one of the children are planning to build a new house and demolish this old one, although it hasn’t started to build yet. But I am sure they must be very sad with this turn of event, to lose a house just like that, with all their belongings. There must be some sentimental value and attachment to it, no matter if they are on the verge of building a new house soon.

My mom and dad went to see them last night, and I am thinking what I can do to help also..

Another sad news, although this has nothing to do with us but still its a sad news for his family and friends. The Brunei veteran actor lost at sea since Sunday morning. He went fishing and when he didn’t turn up at his usual turn up time, everybody feared the worst. He hasn’t been found and its been 2 days. Cant imagine how his family must feel.

We went to the Jerudong beach on Monday, thats the place where he was last seen. Nothing much going on, nothing out of the ordinary. We saw a few people hanging around looking at the sea but there were no policemen or other authorities around. Like nothing happened, at that time, Hj Rais was still missing, and still is missing.

Its heart breaking. We can only pray for them and pray for the best. Whatever it is, we leave it to Allah’s hands.




No comments: