Thursday 21 March 2013

Singapore Food Festival

There was so many adverts and fuss about this food festival and we couldnt help but to give it a go. 

Its held at Dynasty Restaurant in Centrepoint and the offer was for lunch it cost B$19.90 per person and for dinner it was B$29.90 (adult price, I didnt remember how much it cost for children).  We opted for lunch because its more convenient for us, and it cost less (less dollar and less choices of food which is ok lol)

But on my personal preference and opinion, I am not going to give it a 10.  Firstly, they all talked about how nice the chilli crab is.  But to us, its rather sweet, in fact very sweet.  I thought Spore food is spicy and hot!  Thats what we wanted to try, authentic Singaporean food, not something that was modified to suit Bruneian taste.  Or I am wrong?  Is that how Spore chilli crabs actually taste?  I dont know.

I tasted a better Chicken rice and Rojak as well.  So not a 10 in this.  But I love the dessert.  I know RBC usually serves good and yummy dessert and I was not dissapointed in that.

The restaurant was packed though so I guess the response is still good, they even extended the promotion for another week!



Entrance to Dynasty Restaurant

Condiments that came with the chicken rice

Chicken is my favourite and I didnt mind having lots of this although I tasted better

The "oh-so-popular but not to us" chilli crab, lol

We just enjoyed each other company

1 comment:

Dan said...

Wah! Makes me homesick reading about all the food and restaurants in Brunei. Airport restaurant buffet was my favourite. Yum!

Its great reading your blog. keep it up.