Saturday 18 July 2009

Married for 43 years

So its my parents 43rd wedding anniversary today. They were married on 17/07/1966. 43 years is such a long time and I wonder how it feels like to live with someone that long. Maybe you feel like you are part of each other, you know each other like a book, nothing to hide and nothing to worry about. They have been together that long and they are on their 60s now, getting old together. As far as I know, they NEVER live even stay apart even for a day. My father never leave my mother on her own for more than a few hours. Thats how close they are. I remember one time when I was younger, my dad was to be sent to a course in Singapore by his department, but since my mom was working at that time, she couldnt go. And my dad cancelled the trip and refuse to go. Wow.. thats what I called committment.


They never knew anybody else since they were young. All they have is each other and us the children. They are my living prove that everlasting love does exist although I know they fight and bicker with each other at times. But thats what I called a marriage, they are still two different people and have their own differences but the fact that they stay together that long under one roof, is really amazing. I know they are not the only one, there are alot more people like them so I am glad this world is still full of happy marriages.


I hope they will last forever and ever. My role models, I am not even come close. I wish their love will stay forever and sealed for the rest of their lives. I hope nothing but happiness and abundance of good health for them. Since I know, we, the children, are now having our own lives now and cant be with them all the time, all they have is each other.


May Allah bless you, my mom and dad. Sincerely from your only daughter, her husband and daughter.

No comments: