Saturday 4 July 2009

Do I have to be worried? (Influenza A H1N1)

Its 124 cases as we speak today. Thats overwhelmingly high. For a small country as Brunei and what with the small population, that number is gigantic. Whats more worrying is everyday there are new cases, in the 20s which is I think the disease is spreading quickly.
We all start to panic now, I am sure.


What is wrong here? Why do we have so many cases in a short period of time? Are we that ignorant? Are we not not taking good care of ourselves? Do we not wash our hands frequently? Do we still go out to the Mall and all these crowded places? Yes I think we still do. And I dont know how we are getting out of this rut. But I do know that we need to do something to contain the disease. Everyone must act now. Dont go to these crowded places anymore. Dont go to all the Expos, and gathering. Wash your hands frequently. And make sure you cover your mouth if you sneeze or cough. Be informed.


My family are taking precaution as much as possible. We never leave our house without the hand sanitisers and wet tissues these days, and since yesterday we started buying masks and wearing them. We make sure we wash our hands before every meals. We have bought the hand sanitisers even before our trip to New Zealand since they also have a few cases, it was easy to get them before, but now the hand sanitisers are no where to be found, its off the shelves. And the people in Guardian dont know when the new stock will come. I have also started to look around for new ones since our supply is also depleting. So its so worrying.


Another news today, His Majesty has ordered to postpone all his birthday celebrations today. This is just to show how concern his Majesty is for his citizen and how serious the disease is in Brunei. I hope we all could be spared from getting the disease. I know its just a mild flu, but of course its even better if we dont get it.


What happen next?


Will the school holiday be extended again? For another week maybe? Do we get to be quarantined in our own homes when the time come? Do we have to stock food and other essentials when the government order everyone not to leave the house to contain the disease? Only time will tell.


I think I am gonna buy some food, beverages and other necessity tomorrow just in case.

No comments: