Wednesday 21 January 2009

Sigh....

Big big problem.

Last night it rained like never before. Really really heavy. I didnt sleep and keep on looking outside since I know if this rain went on it will be flooded very soon. And it turned out it did. Right up to our door step. I was a nervous wreck and worried that the water will go into the house and our cars will be submerged. I woke up hubby at 12.30am and we went down and had a look outside. The water was raising dangerously high. I also watched most of the neighbours were awake and kept vigil outside. Some moved their cars to a safer place.

So hubby changed from his PJ to t-shirt & short, went outside and moved our 3 cars out of the garage. The water already reached inside our Echo and reached the exhaust pipe of our BMW. Rexton was ok since it was outside the gate and higher.

We didnt sleep until about 3.30am and while waiting for the rain to stop we watch President Barrack Hussin Obama Inauguration. Such a big ocassion and witnessed by around 2 million American in Washing DC.

We went to bed after that and woke up around 5.00am since its a working day and my girl had to go to school. We were very tired and sleepy so decided to skip work and called office that we had to be at home and cant go out because of the flood. My girl also ended up taking school off. Infact I saw most children in my neighbourhood didnt go to school today and Ayang later found out the school was off too.

Below some pictures of the flood. We were stranded along Jalan Sungai Liang too yesterday because of the rain. The road was still flooded this morning and the neighbours told us the flood was all over Brunei. Its very bad.
















No comments: