Monday 10 December 2012

Shabulicious Restuarant

We usually not  a big fan of steamboat or hot pot.  I dont know why but the inclination to try that never been there in our mind.  Funny right?  Afterall I think hot pot or soup based dishes could be tasty sometimes.  I dont remember when was the last time we had one.  I only had a blurred memory of one steamboat dinner we had when we were in Beijing back in 2008. 

But then last night out of nowhere I called my brother and asked him where is the best steamboat restaurant in town, and he recommended Shabulicious Restaurant at Batu Bersurat without hesitation.  He said they are good and the price was quite reasonable.  So we decided to give the place a visit and I am not dissapointed.  I love it! 

My brother and his wife have been here a few times so he explained to us on what or how to order and what to eat lol..  And they even recommended which dip sauce was the most delicious!

I love everything about the place.  The venue is quite chic and ultra modern, the set up is cozy and nice.  And the place is packed!  Luckily we booked a table earlier.  One long wide table could accomodate 10 pax or they divide it into two settings to be shared by two group of patrons and sectioned by a Shabulicious sign.  Clever!  They even have a side bar too.  Very similar concept with Excapade Sushi restaurants.

The menu was really extensive.  They have different portions of dishes or you could opt for set dishes with different prices.  Lots to choose from.  They also have lunch set.

Then at home I wonder what Shabu-Shabu is?????  Then I found out that Shabu-Shabu is a Japanese variant of hot pot.  It consists of different thinly sliced meat and vegetables dipped in different sauce, more here.  At Shabulicious, they go all the way with different types of seafood and all those thinly sliced meat to choose from.  Alhough last night I didnt get the chance to try the thinly slice meat at all.  Maybe I was just too overwhelmed with the whole thing hehehe.  A good enough reason for me to be back... Oh.. and I love their cencaluk sambal dip!  Yummy..


The exterior of the restaurant

The clan

Me occupying the corner part of the table

Studying the menu

My parents being served

Aeizul

As usual.. in the act hahaha

The utensils

Love the sign

The menu

Some of the items in the menu

The large set which costs B$8.00

The condiments or the dip or source, free flow...

The yellow noodles which cost B$2.00 per plate

My choice of source, the sauce on the right is awesome!

All the ingredients mixed together to come up with a delicious mee soup

Taddaaa............

My half drank drink

The place was packed

The damage hahaha..

 

No comments: