Monday 22 October 2012

Reading the Quran

As I get older, I began to realise that I need to focus more on my own religious obligations and what I can do to secure my place in the afterlife.  I know we are not going to live forever and its time (before its too late!) to think about the Akhirah and Alam Barzakh. 

I used to be so ignorant, well... I did all the things a Muslim must do or mustnt do but there were times when I feel I was a bit lacked and too busy with the world affairs that my religious obligations seemed to take a back seat.  It took a tremendous effort to go to the right track and more often than not, its quite a struggle.

As I said when I get older, I started to regret what I've lost and now I try my absolute best and willpower to make up for the lost time or Pahala.  I want to be a good Muslim, do all Allah ask me to do, all the good deeds and hoping my amal ibadat will be accepted, Insya Allah.

One of the things that I intend to do in great abundance is to read the Quran.  I've started doing this for the past few years already but all these time through the conventional way, read through the book.  Apart from reading the Arabic Verses, I also like to read the translations so that I know what I am reading.  Hubby and I bought Quran books with translations, although sometimes its so hard to read the translation due to the way it was written, like one of our books its written with Indonesian dialect which could be so confusing and took a bit of time to understand.

Then this past few months, we found a good source of Quran from the internet.  Its so easy to read and the translations are also very easy to understand, either in English or Malay. 

Now I enjoy reading the Quran using this link.  I know where all those Arabic verses we always utter comes from.  I understand what the Quran is telling us from the translation.  Such an eye opener and I feel so blessed that I am able to embrance the words, its ALLAH words afterall, Alhamdulilah.

If anybody wants to know, this is the website of the Quran I am currently reading.  Its quite good, I think the website is originated from Malaysia so its quite easy to understand the translation.

Below is the front page on the website, where we could just click each link to read the Surah.  I am so grateful that someone created this website (and other Quran sites also), because since its in the internet we could just read it anywhere and everywhere I want via my laptop, Ipad or even my handphone, Alhamdulilah....







No comments: