Friday 4 November 2011

My rambling on teachers!

What is the ethic right now between students and teachers in terms of doing revisions and studying?

I’ve noticed for the past few months, the teachers in our daughter's school have taken an easy way by giving lectures or notes or past papers through emails and ask the students to print the papers themselves!

Is this how teachers should handle their teachings? Is it the responsibility of the students to made such effort, I mean print their own revision papers? I know the teachers are doing their best to help these students to get good results but by doing so, it kind of irresponsible to me! What is the school going to do about it?  I remember during my school days teachers printed the paper themselves, students were given the notes to study or discuss. Parents did not have to worry to print the papers at home.

Another teacher even charge the students for the revision papers!

The latest incident was yesterday. Our printer ran out of ink and the teacher asked the students to print some past year papers to discuss the next day via email. So we had to go out and look for cyber cafe and printing shops to print the paper, that done, then the second email came, asking the students to ignore the first email, and print the papers from the 2nd email. We had to go out again to print! Very inconvenient I tell you and I think this shouldn’t happen.  The result?  We became very stressful, since its not easy to look for printing shops.

That particular teacher should consider students who are without printers at home.  Not every students are rich, you know!  I guess some teachers responsibilities are getting diminish every day. Although I have to applaud them for the effort nevertheless.



No comments: