Monday 18 July 2011

New recipe

During the long weekend, I had the urge to try a new recipe - Chicken Cordeau Bleu.  It was so easy to make.  And I've tried this dish in Secret Recipe restaurants.  Had the recipe for a while, and only now I had the time to try it.  And I didnt realise it was that easy to make, although I think by looking at this picture, I need to improve on the presentation, lol.  it would be nicer if the skin didnt peel off.  And I think anybody can make this.  And it was really yummy too.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 boneless chicken breasts
2 slices of cheese
2 slices of salami
1/4 all-purpose flour
1/4 breadcrumbs
1 egg - beaten
salt & pepper

Methods:
1. Pound chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness (you can make it easier by layering plastic foil at the bottom and on top of the chicken). Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the pounded chicken.
2. Place 1 slice cheese at one side of the chicken and next to it with 1 slice of salami.
3. Roll the chicken breast, making sure the cheese and salami is sealed properly inside the wrap.
4. Dredge the chicken wrap in flour, shake off excess, then in egg and finally in bread crumbs.
5. Fry the chicken in hot oil until well cooked.



No comments: