Wednesday 4 March 2009

My good girl

So our amah left yesterday right at the end of her contract. She was tearful but thats inevitable. I've decided not to renew her contract and prefer to hire new one. She left and thats the end of her.
Now we are without amah. I know we can manage just fine. My only concern was my girl who has to stay on her own when we are at work. Like today. I left the office with heavy heart, since I have to leave early before 6.00am I have to leave her at home to wait for the driver to pick her up for school. She has her own key to the house and she has to lock the door, switch off all the lights, have breakfast on her own, prepare Robbie's meal for the day, close the gate and off to school. After school she has to come home to an empty house. My heart goes out to her. This is the first time ever that she has to do this. She is home alone.
When I came home today and asked her how did it go? She said she was ok. She didnt look sad or distracted or afraid so thats very good. She is all grown up I think. So glad she went through today without so much hussle.
Now working on hiring a new amah after the last one flopped. Very bad experience so we are weary of doing it again but we have to I am afraid.

No comments: